It was a magic day on Saturday 25 May 2019, witnessing the spirit of the community trekking to Jerusalem Bay to help local Hornsby man Bill Bradley make his dream a reality. 🙌
Bill remembers this spot fondly from 1947, just a few years prior to contracting polio that left him wheelchair-bound.
Alongside Muogamarra Rural Fire Brigade, NSW Ambulance, the Bucket List Babes, and the local community, NSW RFS – Cowan Rural Fire Brigade members were honoured to assist Bill, pictured in the middle, to achieve his childhood dream to return to Jerusalem Bay at last, 72 years since his last hike here, via a nifty chair hired by National Parks and Wildlife Services.
What a stellar effort by all, but particularly Bill for inspiring us all. It was a team effort and a truly beautiful scene.
“Where there’s a BILL, there’s a way.”
“It’s an honour to do this for you.”
Thank you, Bill – you’re an example to all of us. 🙌🌎
- Bill Bradley sees Jerusalem Bay for the first time in 72 years
- Quadriplegic’s childhood dream to be fulfilled thanks to community support
- Bucket List Babes prepare to help Bill Bradley’s Jerusalem Bay dream come true
- Quadriplegic Bill Bradley’s dream is to travel from Cowan to Jerusalem Bay
- Hiking Photography: Cowan to Jerusalem Bay to Taffy’s Rock, Great North Walk Track NSW
- Cowan to Berowra Waters Return in Winter
Leave a Reply